About Me

My photo
NKSTMR-BKK, Thailand
Hi! Thank you for visiting my blog. =^__^= http://myloveclub.blogspot.com/

Monday, October 20, 2008

Once upon the time!!!


ALL OF MEMORIES IN HERE
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:58 PM
ALL OF MEMORIES IN HERE FAREWELL PARTY OF UMAP



My Conclusion for UMAP THAILAND SCHOLARSHIP 2008!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 10:06 AM
UMAP Scholarship Thailand 2008
Hospitality and Tourism Management in Thailand
16 June-11 July 2008
At Silpakorn and Dhurakij Bundit University
As The Commission on Higher Education, Thailand, and the nation secretariat of UMAP Thailand, kindly provide UMAP Scholarship Thailand 2008 for 20 students including us; five Thai students, we got the best opportunity to attend the program of The Hospitality and Tourism Management in Thailand which hold on 16 June-11 July 2008 <> at Silpakorn University and Dhurakij Bundit University. The program was separated into two parts as per the following discussion:
The first part of the course was tourism management in Thailand, which was supported by Silpakorn University. We learned how to management Thailand tourism on important and interesting topics. They consist of the evolutions of the tourism industry in Thailand, major tourist destinations, and cultural centers and historical attractions. The main objective of tourism management program emphasized in sustainable and community-based tourism management. UMAP’s Project separated in several lectures such as Tourism in Thailand, Thailand’s World Heritage sites, cultural and Thai society, eco-tourism, cultural tourism, home stay, and tourism marketing.
The second part of the course was hospitality management in Thailand, which was arranged by Dhurakij Bundit University. There were interesting lectures such as Thai hospitality industry, hotel management, crisis management in hospitality, food and culture, Thai cookery, and alcoholic beverage in Thailand. Every topic emphasized on the effective management of hotels and restaurants, practical techniques for control produces, staff productivity, business revenues, and learning identify of Thai cuisine.
The Hospitality and Tourism Management course aims to give us knowledge and experiences in hospitality and tourism management in Thailand. We gain a lot of knowledge in both theory and practice in hotel and tourism industry.
The advantages of the program are:
- Experiences on international and local service industries
- Studying in growth of the hospitality and tourism industry in Thailand
- Learn on sustainable and community-based of tourism management practices in Thailand
- Understand modern hotel and restaurant management practices
- Learn on method in hospitality and tourism development
- Understand Thai society and culture
- Learn and exchange with exchange students about language and culture
On behalf of Thai students would like to thank University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific <>, The Commission on Higher Education <>, Thailand, Silpakorn and Dhurakij Bundit University for providing us with the great program and looking after us all over duration in the program. We appreciated Sripatum University. Professors for helping us get this scholarship.
Asst. Prof. Dr. Nimnuan Srichad, Vice-President for Academic affairs, Aj.Vorasuang Duangchinda from Office International Relations, and our teachers from the Faculty of Liberal Arts for giving and supporting us the opportunity.
Finally, we would like to thank all of those concerned at all the places we visit.


Last day of UMAP Scholarship Thailand 2008!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 9:46 AM
11 July 2008

Finally, the day that we did not want it to coming soon was the last day of UMAP Scholarship Thailand 2008. We had to say bye to each other.
In the morning and afternoon, we had to do final examination for evaluation UMAP scholarship. The test was a little bit hard. Everyone tried to do with best. Me,too.
In the evening, DPU arranged Farewell party for us.
Here we are all of photos! We took a lot of photos for keeping all of memories together.
UMAP PLEASE!!
I LOVE UMAP!!
WE ARE UMAP MEMBER FOREVER!!!
LOVE YOU GUYS!
KEEP IN TOUCH!!
I would like to thank Sripatum University and everyone who supported me to attend this scholarship: Asst. Prof. Dr. Nimnuan Srichad, Vice-President for Academic affairs, Aj.Vorasuang Duangchinda from Office International Relations, and our teachers from the Faculty of Liberal Arts for giving and supporting us the opportunity.
2008-07-22

Thai Food and Beverage!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 11:21 AM
7 -10 July 2008
This week, we had to learn on the topic of Food and Beverage Course. I looked forwaed to learning the course because I love eating.HAHAHA!!
On 7 July, we learned the lecture of Thai food and Thai Dinning Style in the class at DPU in the morning. Then in the afternoon, the teacher who is so funny took us to learn in real place that is a lot of fresh fruits and Thai food. That was Bon Marche market.My foreign friends were so excited to see the Thai fruits. Watti and I bought fruit Som Tum salad back to have for dinner,too.
On 8 July, we learned on topic of Typical Thai Dining and Asian Styles of service: Thai food style, The uniqueness of Thai food, rice, curries, soup, spicy Thai salad, chili dips,etc.
In the afternoon, we changed to wear Thai traditional costume at Cultural centre of DPU. Everyone likes Thai costume and said "WOW" although it was hard to wear it.
we had lunch together with "Kan toke" as lunch is served on raised wooden tray. It is the tradition from the North of Thailand. We enjoyed eating a lot. A


On 9 July, Thai cookery and Thai Beverage was an interesting for us. We had to cook Thai food: four items- Tom Yum kung, Basil leave with chicken, Som Tum, fried chicken. I had a duty to cook Som Tum. My Som Tum was no taste. Hahaha!
We tried to cook with our best, the chef said it's OK!
I thought maybe the chef pretended to say it's good for cheer up us to enjoy cooking.

In the afternoon, we needed to try on Thai wine and beer in several kinds. Some one likes them. Some my friends got drunk,too. I just felt bad a bit because I tried on them little. kkk

On 10 July, we had a field study at Siam Winery Company which is the company produces SPY WINE. We were enjoyed to see how to produce it and tried the taste of its brand. I love Cocktail a lot . I drank it a lot, so my face was so red. I got drunk a little bit because my friends said why today you talk a lot and walk around room. Oh Oh!
2008-07-14

Freshy Night at DPU ! =^___^=
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:52 PM
July 6, 2008Freshy Night at DPU

This is a short clip while we were singing a song that belongs to "Pause", but for this night, Flure band sang this song.

It was a good chance for UMAP#2 that join in Freshy Night of DPU. The concert have fun and we were enjoyful. A lot of songs that I like were song the night. We danced and song together. Althought foreign friends could not understand the meaning of song, everyone can enjoy because music is music<>


Let's shop at JJ Market !
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:50 PM
July 5 ,2008
The Weekends market


We went shopping at JJ market because everyone wanted to shop before they would been back to their country. Someone bought souvenirs for family, friends, and special person including for themselves. We were enjoyed shopping together. On behalf of Thai Student and friend, I helped them to bargain and choose the souvenirs that are Thai identify. We walked in JJ market from 12 o'clock to 5.30 p.m. Our legs are shaking. 555+. We were so tried, but still could laugh.
My friends and I who are Thai students bought souvenirs for our closefriends,too.


Revenue Hotel Management Class!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:41 PM
3 July 2008
Today, we had class from 8.30- 11.30 a.m. in Revanue management for the hotel:a marketing approach by Asst. Prof. Montakan Lancaster. We studied with students International college of DPU. It was good news that we study with them because we met them on our first day at lunch. We have a funny story with one student, Tony. He misunderstood Snowy and me. He thought Snowy was an Ugandan from Uganda. And he understood that I was from Korea and I am a Korean girl. The last word that we heard from him is “oh ! coolness we got a South African friend”. That made everyone laugh heartily. So, next time we had to pretend that we are girl from Uganda and Korea. DPU students who are from hospitality management are so friendly.

Field study at Conrad Hotel; luxuary contemporary hotel!!!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:22 PM
Wednesday, 2 July 2008



We went to the Conrad Hotel Bangkok yesterday. We left at 7.30 hours from DPU Place with three teachers. There was some traffic. We arrived at Conrad Hotel Bangkok at 9.00 a.m. The first thing we saw in there was the luxury, and we thought this hotel was very different from other hotels. We didn’t know the reason why, but we felt it from everything around us. After that we had a presentation of the Hotel, and we got to meet the smart Human Resource Management, Ms. Lourdes H. Yuwanasiri. She explained to about Labor relations and productivity management. And then we went to all the facilities and room of the Hotel. We were lucky to visit Conrad. We had lunch there together<> I like blueberry Cheezcake. We would like to say thank you UMAP and DPU for giving us this opportunity. That’s all !!!! Have a nice day.


Welcome to DPU, last two weeeks about hotel management!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:10 PM
29-30 June 2008,


We arrived at DPU Place(Dhurakit Pundit University).Let me show you about the room that we will stay in here for two weeks. I think it will be luxury because someone told me before. DPU have many facilities for all students, but we have to use the student card to get into every facility. We will make student cards after lunch. Mr. Frank will take us there. Oh! I didn’t introduce him to everyone. He is an International Affairs Officer at DPU, and he will take care us until we are finish with this course. Many people in this course got a little bit sick. Maybe we went shopping too much, or it is the university change. It was not a seasonal change. 555+ Tomorrow, we had to learn about hotel management. Fight! Fight!

The Last Day in Tourism Management of Silpakorn University
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 11:35 AM
"UMAP"

The last day at SU was so funny and sad at the same time because we did presentation together by dancing Thai countryside song and we had to say bye with the staffs of SU. They were Prof. Chanan, Aj. Lukkana, Poppy and Mu.
I thought everyone was enjoyed in SU and we love the staffs because they took care of us with kindness and friendship.
Thank a lot for everything as knowledge, practise, and fun.



We would keep all of great memories forever and hope the staffs of SU will be goodluck and healthy.
TC. NA KA

26 June2008 : Doing Assignment of Silpakorn University
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 11:21 AM
Everyone had to work hard for doing assignment that was a part of evaluation in UMAP's PRoject#2.<>
The topic of the report was
"As a tour operator, how could you manage tourism sustainably?"
Unless report, we had to prepare for our presentation. We separated the duty together. I got the topic on benefits that we can gain for field study.
I thought everyone will be ready for tomorrow
(=^___^= V)


2008-07-08

I LOVE HOMESTAY!!!!!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 1 comments at 5:09 PM
Tuesday 24 June 2008
A trip to Nakornsawan Province is focused on eco-tourism and cultural tourism. It was expected that students should participate in every activities during taking this trip.

07.00 a.m. we arrivesd from Bangkok to Nakornsawan Province by bus. On the way, I saw big fields. It lets me know job of people who live on the way was agriculture. When arrived to our destinatin, we had to get in there by walking. It was so hot, but we could walk through the green field.
When we arrived and check-in our homestay, we were welcomed by people who live in there with beautiful garlands and cool water. It is a traditional style that Thais use it for welcoming their guests.

After we drunk water and took a rest, Prof. Chanan took us to walk arounf homestay for learning about herb, vegetable, and fruit that is nearby the house. Then, we had a chance to try hunting and garthering in canal & garden. We tried to learn about the name of Thai vegetable and fruits such as papaya, kaffir lime tree, guaga tree, coconut ,etc.
These photos are we were fishing in the canal near the home stay.
04.00 p.m.
My some friends tried to practicing traditional massage. Maybe we cannot say practice, we just were the customer for traditional massage service. 555 Everyone like it and felt good in Thai traditional massage especially my korean friends.They said next time they would like to try on the massage again.
While my foreign friends tried on massage, my Thai friend and I were walking around the garden and talking about the environment there. My friend taught me how to do fish from plam leave. I told my UMAP friends about the meaning of hanging fish mobile in front of house. It refers to the house which there is son. We said we love and feel good with the UMAP Project. Big experience for us. Good to be here!!!!
Then we finished from massage, we had to learn preparing Thai Sweet. It is made of sticky rice, banana, coconut milk, and black peanut. It was packed by banana leave. Grandma who is owner of home stay taught us how to prepare and pack it.

Prof. Chanan told us maybe we would take the Thai sweet for offer monk tomorrow. Everyone thought "What's pity to the monks that they have to eat the food we do" 555+
For our dinner was delicious because we were so tried all day. We were enjoyed eating and sharing feeling today about home stay. We got a lot of experience all day.
After finished dinner, Prof Chanan told we have to separate in four groups for staying in several houses which is a local house in the village. There are Snowy, Nui, Chirstine, Min Hee, Vatty, and I stayed in the same house. When we slept, Chirstine tried to take our photo.
Here we are!!!
Wednesday 25 June 2008
We waked up early for preparing ourselves for offer food to the monks. When I walked out from the house, I had to be surprised because every house were preparing to offer the food for monks. I did not have seen as like this for a long time since I graduated from high school.
It was great and let me know this is the real Thai traditional culture. I felt good to offer the food for monks in this morning. This is the way of Thai Buddhist. We got the blessing for the monk,too.
Next, we learned how to make noodle, Thai pancake, see Grandpa make tea & coffee for us, and the best thing which I felt good to do was how to do fish mobile with palm-leaves.
01.45 p.m. We went to Orchid Farm on the way back,too.
Home stay lets me know more and understand on eco-tourism and cultural tourism. Normally I love to live in countryside; farm, garden, river, nice air. When I went there, it makes me love countryside more. I think if I have a chance, I will go to there again. Now I can do only remember the good things that I gain and obtain from there.
I LOVE THERE, I LOVE HOME STAY!!!!!

ECO-TOURISM
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 5:02 PM
Monday 23 June 2008 The topic of lecture was interesting which presented by Assoc. Prof. Chanan Vongvipak. The topic was Natural and eco-tourism, cultural tourism, and home-stay. Before I joined in UMAP, I heard about them a bit. For that day, I learned more and understand how to manage tourism by using knowledge in ec0-tourism especially home-stay (=^___^=)
2008-07-06

Let's go to the sea! Let's to see the sunshine!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 11:14 AM
21-22 June 2008

For the weekends, we planed to go to Pattaya at Chonburi. We got up early although yesterday we just had travelled in Ayutthaya Province. Everyone slept in the van on the way to Pattaya including me. 555+The first place that we visited was Sukavadee House. I never went there before<555>. It was great architecture of CP company. It consists of four hose such as Buddha Dome, Yin-Yang House, etc. In each house, there are many things that are interesting such as Royal family story and ash of Buddha, Thai arts, and other nation architectures. My English skill cannot explain them all. You have to go there and see them with your eyes. It should have been better.

When we arrived at Jom Tian, Pattaya, we found out house that we could stay. We walked to the beach immediately, and we started t take a photos together.Then Chirstine, Cana, Xiaolin, Vatty,and I had dinner at the seaside together. It was delicious seafood, and good view.

At 8 p.m., we went to Walking Street at center of Pattaya. It 's a long street that is full of many bars. There are crowned people, but everyone was enjoyed with night life. We got into HipHop bar and danceed together. So funny!!
Before we decided to back to rent house, we went o the view point of Pattaya city from there. It was so grest and beautiful view that looks like the sea of light.
On 22 June 2008, before we would be back Bhiman Inn , we went to the beach and had lunch together at the seaside. It was great!!!!. We saw white sand, nice wind, and blue sea.
On the way back to Bangkok, we visited Amphawa floating market for shopping and finding something to eat. I thought foreign friends were excited to see Thai way of life nearby the river. I don't know what to say I feel good. When I explained something about Thailand, I am proud of my life. Feel good!
2008-07-04

"UMAP Please" in Ayutthaya Province
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 5:44 PM
20 June 2008
Yeah! The day that I looked forward to coming was Friday 20 June 2008.We went to Ayutthaya Province. We invited lots of important places;
Bang Pa-In Palace, Wat Yai Chaimongkhon, Wat Phra Si SanPhet,Wihan Phra Mongkhon Bopit, Wat Na Phra Men, and Wat Chai Watthanaram.
We were good luck that we had a great guide. He told historical story of the ancient places clearly. I used to go to Ayutthaya Province more third times, but this time was the best time because I know them more.From this trip, we got the nickname from the guide “ UMAP Please”. When we were tried because the weather was so hot, we did not walk around. The guide had to say that “UMAP please this way”. Everyone said “ Oh I hate that voice and phrase”.555+

To be honest, I though that everyone was enjoyed it and glad to visit there..


Free Time of Mine
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 2:25 PM

When I had free time, I tried to draw foreign friends in style of my cartoon. Someone took a photo of this ,and told me you can draw well. I though I do a good job, too.=^__^=

Culture and Thai Society
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 2:15 PM
Thu. 19, 2008 Today we got a chance to learn about culture and Thai society. Prof. Chanan is very kind and friendly. He took some cloths that are traditional costume for us to try to wear. I helped my foreign friends to get the traditional costume, and I tried to explain where it is from because some cloths are from North of Thailand.
My foreign friend was so excited with Thai cloths. Unless Thai cloths, Prof. Chanan wanted us to do activities together such as Thai dancing, singing{ Korean song: with three korean girls} , and walking for Thai cloths in fashion Show. 555+

I though everyone was enjoy with the activities which let us know more about Thai cloths, Thai dancing, and making us to participate to do activities together more.

Welcome Party for UMAP at Century Hotel
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 8:15 AM
After we finished the field study, we were hurry to go back to the hotel for changing our cloth for welcome party that they looked forward to joining it. To be honest, I never went to join in formal as like this before. I felt nervous and no confidence, but my friends tried to tell me “that’s OK”and “don’t worry”. Finally, I could pass the welcome party. We took lots of photos at the party. I learned more on how to join in society. I felt warm for the party, and I though it was great to be here. It would be my unforgettable experience. Thank you everyone who makes me to be here!

Grand Palace in Lecture and Real Place!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:27 AM
18 June 2008In the morning, we learned about Thailand’s World Heritage Sites and historical tourism from Prof. Dr.M.R. Suriyavudh Sukhasuasta. We got knowledge and looked pictures from his presentation. We knew about how to observe Buddha Images from the past to the present time and background of Thai historical tourism a bit. In the afternoon, we had a field study to go to Grand Palace or Wat Phra Kaeo which is a place for Emerald Buddha Image. We got an opportunity to look in personal places around Grand Palace. They are never opened for anyone except in special case. Good luck for us! “The UMAP’s Project 2008”. We knew the background of Royal family and looked Royal important rooms and big halls. I don’t know how to explain them. They were so beautiful, luxury, and attractive places. Maybe all of my life cannot get the opportunity as like this. Thank you “ UMAP Scholarship Thailand 2008 ”.

Learning More in Thai Way of Living
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 7:22 AM
On Tue.17 June 2008 at 01.00-04.00 p.m., the topic of lecture that I had to learn is Thai way of living and cultural tourism by Assoc. Prof. Pornpimol Senawong. She taught by using a book “Thai Ties”. It was about social customs and cultural traits that tie all Thais together. I learned a lot from this topic that I never learned before. Although I am a real Thai <>, I never knew more about Thailand as like this time such as Thai beliefs, Buddhism traditions, ceremonies and festivals, Thai food, and ways of life. Professor Chanan told us about Welcome Party that was arranged at Century Hotel<> that we should wear dress because it was a formal party. Everyone said” Oh my God”. “What should I do that we did not have dress for Welcome Party”We decided to go out for shopping together after finish class at MBK. Finally, we got the things that we wanted. We tried to help each other for selection shoes, dresses, and decoration. It was so funny!
2008-07-01

The First Day of UMAP Group at Khao San Road
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 8:04 AM

When we finished the class,we went to Khao San Road by walking. It was not far from our hotel. Nui, Snowy and I took our foreign friends to go there for eating Thai food and dessert. There are " Pud-Thai" and "Roti" . It was so delicious and hot! 555+
2008-06-16

Good Beginning!
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 5:46 PM


I have joined in UMAP for two days. The first day,when we checked in Bhiman Inn, we did not know before that I have to stay with foreign student. It was surpire! I have known my new roommate.Her name is Miss Pen. Bovatthana. She is the third year university student from Royal University of Phnom Penh. With majoring is Tourism Management and development. She is so cute and friendly. We can get along well together. We exchanges some basic information about each other.
For today, we started the first class at Silpakorn University. The staffs took us to look around Silpakorn University and watched their university's presentation. It causes me know more about it. The topic was about Innovative Thinking for the Tourism Industry by Arthur Gogatz. He is a kind and good speaker. Just only two days were so enjoyable for me. The other day from later on will be surely great!
We walked around Silpakorn University to look our classroom for two weeks. We took a lot of hptps at the important building such as Art center and statue of the person who buit the university. It was so warmful for me. The staffs of UMAP at Sipakorn University are very kind.

UMAP THAILAND SCHOLARSHIP 2008
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 5:40 PM

Hi! I am Sukanya Santhanarat. You can call me “ Noina”.I am one member who has got UMAP Scholarship 2008 in "Hospitality and Tourism Management". The people who have got this opportunity have five people. I’m so proud to be a part of this. Let’s know more about UMAP Scholarship 2008. UMAP is from “ University Mobility in Asia and the Pacific” ,and this year The Commission on Higher Education, Thailand, as the national secretariat of UMAP Thailand, provides scholarships for students enrolled in UMAP member universities to attend a four-week course at Thai universities focusing on Hospitality and Tourism Management in Thailand.

We are going to join in this course on June 16th – July 11th , 2008 at Silpakorn University and Dhurakij Pundit University. If you would like to know UMAP Scholarship 2008 more, and what we will get from UMAP is for 4 weeks from then on, please follow up our blog here. =^__^=
* http://www.umap.org/
*http://info.spu.ac.th/content/7/4410.php
*http://www.isc.kyushu-u.ac.jp/intlweb/study/summer/thai/program2008.pdf
2008-04-26

The first day of Workshop
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 5:59 PM
The first day of Digital Media’s Workshop#1 at Sripatum University, there were 74 people to join in this activity (31 people registered in Game Workshop and 45 people registered in Design Workshop). Someone came to Sripatum University for joining this workshop, but they didn’t have name on the name list. Although they didn’t have name, it wasn’t problem because Digital Media Staffs could solve this problem.Finally, the first day of workshop could run smoothly..
Labels:
2008-04-25

Workshop
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 2:38 PM
Tomorrow I would have to work for Public Relation Office of Sripatum University for hekping to welcome people who are interested in new faculty. That is Faculty of Digital Media which was seperated from Faculty of Architecture. The first round of workshop will be held on these Saturday and Sunday. I will write more detail about workshop#1 in next time...Please follow-up my blog...Myloveclub
Labels:
2008-04-20

Writing
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 5:03 PM
Now my friends and I are so busy about ENG 412 course that students' Sripatum University in Faculty of Liberal Arts have to study especially English for business Communication students.The course has lots of assignments in English Writing such as writing agenda, writing essay, writing informational report etc.We are writing about informational report for our project work that is a last assignment of this course, so we have to pay attention in it and do it extremely.About my project work that I have to write in informational report is a book. It is about "Different Thinking" of men and women. My friends and I had to find some information for project work. I think everyone pays attention in this project wrok a lot.I hope we will get good grade from this course(ENG 412). 555 +myloveclub
Labels:
2008-04-19

MOS Certificate (Microsoft Office Specialist Certificate)
Posted by MYLOVECLUB 0 comments at 6:33 PM
Sripatum University arranges MOS online test for cooperative's student 48. Everyone has to join MOS Certificate (Microsoft Office Specialist Certificate) test that start on 21-24 April [this week]. The test consists of three kind of programs. There are Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel,and Microsoft Powerpoint. If anyone can get score that MOS Certificate Organization fixs, you will get the certification that show you can use Standard MS Office.It is a great project of Sripatum University's Students.I like the project and hope to pass it.=^_^=

No comments: